Credits and Copyright Notice
This site was created by Petersen Law. This entire site is copyright protected ©2020 by Petersen Law. All rights are reserved. In addition, certain parts of this site may also be protected by copyrights belonging to other parties.
If you do not agree to these Terms, your sole remedy is to discontinue use of the Petersen Law site.
- No Legal Advice: The materials on the Petersen Law site are general in nature and are intended only as background materials for informational purposes. They do not constitute legal advice. They may not apply to your specific situation or may be incomplete. Although we may update certain information on the Petersen Law site, some of the information may be outdated. You should not act or rely on any information on the Petersen Law site. You are not authorized to treat the Petersen Law site as a source of legal advice. Before acting or delaying action, you should first seek the advice of an attorney qualified in the applicable subject matter and jurisdiction.
- No Tax Advice (Required Tax Disclosure—Circular 230): Any tax information presented on the Petersen Law site is not intended to constitute a complete analysis of all tax considerations. Internal Revenue Service regulations generally provide that, for the purpose of avoiding United States federal tax penalties, a taxpayer may rely only on formal written opinions meeting specific regulatory requirements. The information presented on the Petersen Law site does not meet those requirements. Accordingly, such information is not intended or written to be used, and a taxpayer cannot use it, for the purpose of avoiding United States federal or other tax penalties or for the purpose of promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax-related matters.
- No Attorney-Client Relationship: Your access to or use of the Petersen Law site does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Petersen Law. If you are not a current client of Petersen Law and you communicate with us through the site, we are under no obligation to keep confidential your communication nor will the communication invoke the attorney client privilege. Unless you have a pre-existing, documented attorney-client relationship with a Petersen Law attorney, you should not communicate confidential information to Petersen Law.
- Sensitive Communications: Should you choose to contact Petersen Law electronically, you should be aware that information transmitted electronically cannot be guaranteed to be securely transmitted. Petersen Law assumes no responsibility for the loss of confidentiality for any information you transmit through the internet.
- Advertising Notice: Petersen Law does not seek to be retained by anyone who approaches Petersen Law as a result of the Petersen Law site and who is from a state where the Petersen Law site fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state.
- Our Intellectual Property Rights. The materials on the Petersen Law site, including without limitation any and all text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and the like and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein, are owned by or licensed to Petersen Law, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions.
- Use of the Petersen Law site. For your personal, non-commercial and informational purposes, and subject to these Terms, you may (a) access and view the Petersen Law site and its materials, and (b) make a limited number of prints, downloads and copies of the documents made available on the Petersen Law site, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices in print outs or downloads on all copies. Any other use (and in particular, any commercial use) of the Petersen Law site or its contents is not permitted. Except as expressly authorized by Petersen Law, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the site in whole or in part. You are not permitted to use any automated means of compiling electronic mail addresses from the Petersen Law site for the purpose of sending unsolicited commercial electronic mails. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
- Linking to the Site. You may hyperlink to the home page of the Petersen Law site, but you may not frame or mirror the Petersen Law site or use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” using Petersen Law’s name, logo or trademarks. You must remove any hyperlink to the Petersen Law site upon Petersen Law’s request.
- Permission Requests. Please contact Petersen Law at 916-939-3933 if you wish to request permission to use any materials of the Petersen Law site in a manner not authorized above.
- Trademarks. Petersen Law logos, service marks and trademarks are trademarks of Petersen Law (the “Petersen Law Marks”). Without Petersen Law’s prior permission, you agree not to display or use in any manner, the Petersen Law Marks.
- Registration. The Petersen Law site may allow you to register in order to personalize your viewing of content on the site and to receive certain publications from Petersen Law. In registering, you agree to provide complete and accurate information about yourself. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and you accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your username and password.
- Termination. Petersen Law reserves the right to change the Petersen Law site, including its contents, and to block or terminate access to or use of the Petersen Law site, including through usernames and passwords, at any time for any reason and without notice.
- Legal Disclaimers:
- No Warranties. THE PETERSEN LAW SITE, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE PETERSEN LAW SITE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE. PETERSEN LAW ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN, OR RELIANCE UPON, THE INFORMATION IN THIS WEBSITE. ANY MATERIALS DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE PETERSEN LAW SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- Limitations of Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL PETERSEN LAW BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY OF ANY KIND OR UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES, SO THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold Petersen Law, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the site, your connection to the site, your violation of the Terms, or your violation of any rights of another.
- General. These Terms, including the Privacy Statement below, along with any other terms and policies posted on the Petersen Law site, constitute the entire agreement between you and Petersen Law regarding your use of the Petersen Law site and supersedes any prior agreements between you and Petersen Law regarding such use, other than any written agreement between you and Petersen Law.
APPLICABILITY OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
- Scope. This Privacy Statement applies to information Petersen Law collects from users of the Petersen Law site. It does not apply to information received by Petersen Law from you in the course of an attorney-client relationship, or received or collected by Petersen Law offline or through any other means.
- Individual User Information. If you are a client of Petersen Law, we protect the confidentiality of your information in accordance with the applicable professional standards of conduct. However, if you choose to submit personal information to Petersen Law through the Petersen Law site (for example, to sign up to receive Petersen Law publications or other materials), we will store and use that information in accordance with this Privacy Statement unless you notify us otherwise as described below.
- Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy. The Petersen Law site is not directed to, nor intended for use by, minors. If Petersen Law becomes aware that it received personal information of minors, it will delete that information.
- Third Party Sites. This Privacy Statement also does not apply to information you submit to websites not controlled by Petersen Law, even if linked to the Petersen Law site, including third party providers of webinar services offered to users of the Petersen Law site. You should read and understand the privacy policies applicable to such third party sites and service providers.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT. In general, you may use the Petersen Law site without providing any information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”). However, as described in greater detail below, you may choose to provide Personal Information to us. In addition, we will store and use information about you, including information about where and when you browse our website (“Visitor Information”), to continually improve the quality of our business and our website, as further described below.
- Personal Information. You may choose to subscribe to RSS feeds through the Petersen Law site in order to receive certain publications and information from Petersen Law. You also may contact us by e-mail through the Petersen Law site. In either case, you may be asked to provide us with Personal Information, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address. We use this information in order to provide you with the publications and information you requested and to respond to your comments and questions about our services and this site. We may also use your Personal Information to send you additional information that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Visitor Information. When you use the Petersen Law site, we may collect certain information to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our site, gather broad demographic information and generate user statistics. The Visitor Information we collect includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your Internet host company (e.g., AOL), your browser software (e.g., Microsoft Internet Explorer), your software platform (e.g., Windows 2000), the duration of your visit to our site, and the domain (e.g., .COM, .NET, .JP) of the site from which you arrived at our site.
WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Personal Information. We will not share your Personal Information (including e-mail address) with any third party except (1) with your consent, (2) when we believe in good faith disclosure is required by law, or (3) to third parties who are providing services to Petersen Law as needed to provide such services and subject to appropriate confidentiality obligations. We reserve the right to disclose information about you, including data on which pages you have visited, to third parties if we feel it is necessary to protect the security of our systems, site, business, users or others.
- Visitor Information. Visitor Information may be provided to third parties at Petersen Law’s discretion so long as the information is not linked to your Personal Information.
- Transfer of Practice. We may provide and transfer to third parties any or all information regarding the Petersen Law site, including your Personal Information and Visitor Information, in connection with the transfer of all or a portion of Petersen Law’s practice, whether by merger, acquisition or otherwise.
- YOUR CHOICES AND OPTING-OUT. The Petersen Law site provides current subscribers the opportunity to opt-out of receiving email from us at any time, to update your email subscription information and to review and request changes to your Personal Information that Petersen Law has collected through the Petersen Law site. To do so, please click here or follow the instructions contained in any email sent from the Petersen Law site. You may also notify us of your opt-out request by phoning us at 916-939-3933.
- SECURITY MEASURES. We use commercially reasonable security measures designed to protect against unauthorized access to Personal Information under our control, including physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. However, please be aware that, despite these efforts, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted or provided through the Petersen Law site. Once we received your transmission, we use appropriate efforts to ensure its security on our systems, but we do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
- CHANGES. We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time, and such changes will be effective upon posting the amended terms to the Petersen Law site. The date of update is specified at the beginning of these Terms.
- APPLICABILITY OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Severability. If any provision of these Terms, including the Privacy Statement, is found to be void or unenforceable, such provision shall be severed and all other provisions shall remain in force.
How to Contact Us. If you have any questions about these Terms, including the Privacy Statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact us via e-mail at: email@example.com.